Arthroplasty Specialist – RI/Southern, MA
The Arthroplasty Specialist is responsible for achieving predetermined sales goals and quotas in the Rhode Island and Southern MA territory. Ideal candidates will live in the territory. Specialist must establish, build and maintain customer relations through constant communications and in-person appointments. This position is specifically responsible for maintaining expert knowledge of our Arthroplasty procedure products. You will be consulting with surgeons in the operating room regarding the use of our products while working closely with our Sports Medicine and Distal Extremity Team Leaders.
The position requires the ability to assimilate and learn a high level of technical information, anatomy and indications as it relates to surgery and procedures. Sales Consultants will spend the majority of time in surgery interacting with both staff and surgeons. Must have strong time management skills and ability to manage personal surgical equipment and inventory. It is critical that he/she be a confident, highly motivated individual who places top priority on exceeding revenue goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for meeting and exceeding sales objectives for the territory. Represent Kairos Surgical Inc., an independent agency authorized to sell Arthrex products, by working with a sophisticated audience comprised of surgeons and healthcare professionals. Arthrex is a world-class leader in the orthopedic industry.
- Increase territory results by building and maintaining strong business relationships, and by developing and implementing sales strategies.
- Communicate with current and new customer accounts regarding a variety of topics, including product updates, changes to product portfolio, and educational programs.
- Implement new sales plans and effective marketing strategies to position the organization competitively and to meet/exceed territory objectives.
- Identify the needs of new prospects and develop appropriate responses (written, telephone and face-to-face).
- Cross-sell additional products or manage new product introductions as they become available.
- Address any problems that arise at the account.
- Support compliance and the principles of responsibility by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information; protecting the assets of the organization; acting with ethics and integrity; reporting non-compliance; and adhering to applicable federal, state & local laws and regulations, accreditation & licenser requirements, and Company policies & procedures.
- Work with Sales Manager by receiving coaching, training or mentoring; transfer knowledge to peer Sales Representatives and to Sales Associates when needed.
- Maintain training in sales skills, product features/benefits, and other critical business applications.
- Collect competitive data and remain current on industry, customer, and competitive trends.
- Participate in and attend sales meetings and professional association meetings outside of regular business hours, as required.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds on a regular basis.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Sales experience required.
- 2-5 years demonstrated sales success in competitive B2B industry.
- Experience as an associate in the orthopedic industry is a plus.
- Must be comfortable in surgery/operating room environments.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- MS Office required.
- Strong public speaking and communication skills are required.
- Strong sense of urgency is important.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
- Current Driver’s license
- Access to your own transportation
- Job Type: Full-time
Kairos Surgical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Western MA